1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cross Curricular Myths and Legends with Rocks?!!

Discussion in 'Science' started by emski456, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I'm a trainee teacher and as part of our uni assessment for this placement we have to plan a scheme of work that is based around one topic, my school has given me Myths and Legends (Quest Myths ideally) which is their literacy topic. But it needs to include all four of the core subjects. The Science Subject I've got to get in is Rocks. Please help!! (they're year 3 btw)

2. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I say as opposed to start by looking at myths and fitting rocks into it have a search on the web for the different myths and legends that people had for explaining geological phenomenon. There's a handy worksheet from the OCR 21st C P1 topic, deffinately in the old spec i don't know about the new one, that has a lith of myths about earthquakes. See if one of your secondary PGCEers can access it for you. A good one i know off the top of my head is the story about the 2 giants lobbing rocks at each other that was used to explain the giants causeway.

If you get stuck with any of the rocks stuff drop me a PM, i'm secondary not primary but I am a geologist :)