1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cross Curricular Co-Ordinator role - any advice/experiences welcome!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Traycie, Jun 20, 2011.

1. OK so I'm shooting in the dark a bit here but I've just landed the job of cross curricular co-ordinator at a grammar academy secondary school.
    It's something I believe in and I don't want to get into the 'should we shouldn't we' circular argument - that's a whole different thread...

However - I'm now required to plan for next year and I'd love to hear some of the ideas you wonderfully creative bodies have found worked well in the past, I see this as a 'join the dots' sort of skills teaching time - it's going to be once a week for an hour - so I need a dynamic and interesting scheme which will engage both staff and pupils.

Big ask I know.

love to hear from you
    Traycie

2. OK so I'm shooting in the dark a bit here but I've just landed the job of cross curricular co-ordinator at a grammar academy secondary school.
    It's something I believe in and I don't want to get into the 'should we shouldn't we' circular argument - that's a whole different thread...

However - I'm now required to plan for next year and I'd love to hear some of the ideas you wonderfully creative bodies have found worked well in the past, I see this as a 'join the dots' sort of skills teaching time - it's going to be once a week for an hour - so I need a dynamic and interesting scheme which will engage both staff and pupils.

Big ask I know.

love to hear from you
    Traycie

3. dontdoit007

dontdoit007 New commenter

HI Traycie. I am applying for the role of faculty leader and am required to explain how I would encourage a cross-curricular approach. Would appreciate any input from you (have to submit by 3 tomorow). Thanks in advance