1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cross-curricular Art and MFL project

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by aventura, Apr 17, 2017.

1. aventura

aventura New commenter

Hi all! We have been asked to do a cross-curricular project with the Art department and I have not got a clue what to do, no inspiration coming this way at all! Have you done anything like this before that the kids have enjoyed and that you do not mind sharing? Many, many thanks.

2. Dodros

Dodros Occasional commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. aventura

aventura New commenter

Wow! Thank you for the ideas. The Ben Heine's project is really inspiring. Let's continue exploring the others...

4. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

There are some Matisse/French resources on Light Bulb Languages. You can also get a lot of mileage out of Picasso, Miro, Seurat and Klee depending on the language.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. aventura

aventura New commenter

Thanks Geekie! I did not think to look in Light Bulb.

6. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Also forgot Gaudí if you are doing Spanish. I do his mosaics with Y3 but they'd suit everyone!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. veverett

veverett New commenter

8. pnorris208

pnorris208 New commenter

In a previous school I ran a Photo Project with a partner school in Germany, and am looking to re-launch the project in my current school. Simply put, it was a 10-week project where students from both schools shared a weekly photo [according to the week's topic], described their photo, and commented on others' photos. It was inspired by this three-school project I found a long time ago. It's worth exploring the original project's blog posts, and then checking out the photos their students took via Flickr.

My take on it was to try and inspire a connection between students in both schools with an aim to then launching an Exchange. In my school we used Edmodo rather than Flickr, as we felt it was a safer environment for the students to work in. There was more focus for me on the communication, and less on the photography skills, but you can adapt this by working closely with the Art team in your school. It was hard work, but well worth it. Some of the contributions it inspired were amazing.

Here's an example of the first two weeks' challenges:

Photo 1: Introduction
    Take a photo that is not of you, but which represents you as a person. Write about who you are, where you come from, your school and the content of your photo.

Photo 2: People
    Take a photo of a person or people, but not you. Write about the person in the photo. Also say something about the people you see everyday and what the mean to you. Reflect on whether you are a person who needs to be with people, or who is comfortable in your own company. Consider who are the people who have been most influential in your life.

If you are interested, drop me a line and I'll try and dig out some of the extensive support documentation I put together for the project.

Lara mfl 05 and pascuam49 like this.
  9. veverett

veverett New commenter

If you zoom in on the work in the slide show you can see the sort of French the pupils were writing to go with their artwork in the exhibition http://www.northgate.norfolk.sch.uk/News/Year-7-French-Exhibition-and-Dereham-Windmill/