1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cross curricular advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by louisadoug, Oct 1, 2007.

1. please someone shed some light i am struggling to some up with the pros and cons of cross curricular teaching and learning. and i can't seem to find any websites any suggesgions would be most greatful many thanks lou

2. please someone shed some light i am struggling to some up with the pros and cons of cross curricular teaching and learning. and i can't seem to find any websites any suggesgions would be most greatful many thanks lou

3. just wondered if you got any feedback on cross curricular teaching and learning! i am struggling at the mo too and it starting to stress me out of the pros and cons of cross curricular teaching of the core subjects! :/
    thanks sian

4. avalonfr

avalonfr New commenter

Basically, look at how your subject can link with other subjects (involves support from other departments). I teach French mostly, so I've liaised with the Art dept to see if they could cover, Monet; Geog dept to cover parts of France when the kids study Rivers, that kind of thing. Not always easy. An assembly is always a way to show a bit of cross-curricular stuff (French songs, stories during Book Week, etc).I find the cross curricular idea quite exciting but I guess it's easier with languages than with some.

5. Hi i am now also doing this as an assignment how are you getting one did you find any good placefs to help with the advantages and disadvantages of cross curricular teaching and learning
    Thanks!!

6. avalonfr

avalonfr New commenter

Hi there. Am just going to sit down with all teachers concerned and look at SOWs. Everyone reluctant to change, as we will be having a big inspection next year :-(
    Will just try to cooperate with things like punctuation, for example, with Y3, adjectives with Y4, and so on, through to Y8 (we are a Prep school). Will keep things easy to begin with and hopefully it will all 'evolve' over the next couple of years!!