1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Croatia - Summer Holiday recommendations

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bombaysapphire, Oct 29, 2011.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Thanks for the replies. This is looking very promising.
    Is *** Dubrovnik? Just testing to see if it asteriks it for me but I can't see why it would.

2. Split, no not that either!

3. T34

T34 Established commenter

Please don't anyone else say how good Croatia is.
    Have you no sense?
    It won't stay good if everybody starts to go there.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Lol. We went in July, stayed in Porec which was fab. If my parents where going (or even if we decided to go back) then Rivinj (sp?) was more beautiful.
    If you do look at Porec we stayed in the hotel Mediteran which I couldn't fault. Superb value but there were more children in this resort xxx

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Spent a wonderful week on a gulet sailing round the islands off Split ( no children!) followed by a week in Dubrovnik ( not many!)
    Bliss!

6. Cavtat is lovely and you can get a little boat to Dubrovnik from there. Though there is always the possibility of it breaking down half way there as happened to us! Spent a week at Dubrovnik, absolutely gorgeous but heaving with tourists and expensive. Best to avoid the days that the cruise ships visit! Visited Korcula while on a cruise and that was great too.

7. Korcula is fantastic - not much in the way of beaches but hotels had sunbathing areas by the sea and the views are beautiful. The town is lovely with lots of little restaurants and bars tucked away in little cobbled streets. Can't recommend it enough.