1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Critical Path Analysis Software

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by kal-mc, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kal-mc

kal-mc New commenter

Hi,
    Just wondering what software people are using to create Critical Path Analysis? We don't have project and ended up in PowerPoint last year but I wondered if anyone knew of any free alternatives or could recommend something?
    Thanks

2. kal-mc

kal-mc New commenter

Hi,
    Just wondering what software people are using to create Critical Path Analysis? We don't have project and ended up in PowerPoint last year but I wondered if anyone knew of any free alternatives or could recommend something?
    Thanks

3. GanttProject is free / open source / cross platform and I'm pretty sure it can generate a PERT chart as well as a Gantt chart. I'm not sure how well it would manage critical path analysis as the projects we cover up to 6th form are never sufficiently complex to make it relevant. There is also a really powerful, but very complex alternative. I forget the name but if I come across it again I'll post back here.

4. Planner (formerly Imendio Planner) is the one.