1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Criteria for UP3?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by dismail, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Other teachers in my school progressed to UP3 automatically after two years on UP2 but I think the Head is more cost conscious at the mo and has told staff that he is coming to observe all teachers soon (again) as he is aware that some of us are due to move up pay scale. What exactly do I need to prove in order to achieve UP3 as I suspect he is going to try and stop any salary increases!

2. Other teachers in my school progressed to UP3 automatically after two years on UP2 but I think the Head is more cost conscious at the mo and has told staff that he is coming to observe all teachers soon (again) as he is aware that some of us are due to move up pay scale. What exactly do I need to prove in order to achieve UP3 as I suspect he is going to try and stop any salary increases!

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

.. that you have maintained your standards and continue to make a sustained and substantial contribution to the school.
    Your last 2 PM reviews should enable your head to make such judgements, if not then your PM process is faulty, point this out to your head.
    Also point it out to your PM reviewer - their role could be seen to be being taken back by the head (who is primarily responsible for PM but delegates it) and they might want to give up on some of the associated paperwork if that is the case.