1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crisis of confidence - Why do I feel so down?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by JR1001, Jan 14, 2016.

1. JR1001

JR1001 New commenter

Hi all,

I'm new to posting here and would love a bit of advice. I'm having a crisis of confidence and have been getting more and more down over the last few months. I'm doubting myself on a daily basis and now i'm starting to think that maybe teaching just isn't for me. I'm in my third year of teaching primary and I love the children and the day to day teaching but just feel like i'm struggling. I feel completely unsupported at school and on the occasions I have asked for guidance from the head I've walked out of her office feeling even more confused as I've come away with no real solution just more questions. I sit down at the end of the day and just feel like curling up in a ball under my desk. I feel like i'm just managing to keep my head above water, I go home most nights and just cry and cry when I think about coming in again the next day. Feel completely down in life generally and feel like school is a huge black cloud hanging over me. I've never felt so unhappy in my life and i'm only in my 20's! Feel completely lost and don't know what to do! :(

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Hello @Jenbenny

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so unhappy. This is a general forum is for those having problems using the site. Try reposting in the Workplace Dilemmas forum where you may be offered guidance and support.

Please also consider getting in touch with the Teacher Support Network. Many people have said how supportive they are.

Take care.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. JR1001

JR1001 New commenter

Hi @marlin
    Thank you for letting me know. Sorry to be such a newbie. haha
    Thanks again.

marlin likes this.
  4. marlin

marlin Star commenter