1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Criminal Record: Will it stop me getting work???

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by parjon, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Hello.

I have had a tough few months personally with a bad NQT year that ended with my school not renewing my year contract followed by a relationship break up and loss of home. This all happened in a 4 week period and didn't deal with it in the best possible way. I have been put on antidepressants by my doctor as have developed a major episoded similar to when I found out I was HIV +.

I stupidly (feeling very down about this) got myself a motoring criminal record in the 6 weeks holiday which I know will come up on future CRB checks, what is now worrying me is that this could prevent me from carrying on in my profession as a teacher and I have found this to be the most satisfying job I have ever had.

I am willing to be honest about the conviction but hope that this will not stop me teaching or getting interviews.

I am ashamed to say the conviction is for being over the limit whilst driving, and have received a ban of driving and a small fine for this. There was no accident or persons injured with this offence and my over limit was by 10 microgrammes.

If anyone has advice on this matter or know's of anyone that possibly has been in the same situation and what happened to them I would very much like to know what the future many hold for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. Hello.

I have had a tough few months personally with a bad NQT year that ended with my school not renewing my year contract followed by a relationship break up and loss of home. This all happened in a 4 week period and didn't deal with it in the best possible way. I have been put on antidepressants by my doctor as have developed a major episoded similar to when I found out I was HIV +.

I stupidly (feeling very down about this) got myself a motoring criminal record in the 6 weeks holiday which I know will come up on future CRB checks, what is now worrying me is that this could prevent me from carrying on in my profession as a teacher and I have found this to be the most satisfying job I have ever had.

I am willing to be honest about the conviction but hope that this will not stop me teaching or getting interviews.

I am ashamed to say the conviction is for being over the limit whilst driving, and have received a ban of driving and a small fine for this. There was no accident or persons injured with this offence and my over limit was by 10 microgrammes.

If anyone has advice on this matter or know's of anyone that possibly has been in the same situation and what happened to them I would very much like to know what the future many hold for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.