1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crikey.....that's a bit rough!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by sidinz, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I've seen a job I want to apply for, here on TES. Only the school requires that applicants use the TES online application portal.
    "What's wrong with that?" I hear you ask. Well, the problem with that is they get to see every dust-up, whinge, scathing or foolish/tongue-in-cheek comment ever made on this forum and connect it to me, as one must be registered and logged in to use said application portal.
    I attempted to get around this by creating a new user, using a different email address. Alas, the system told me that I already existed.
    So what to do? Delete this username and its history in order to remain more anonymous during a job application, or risk it?
    TES, this is pants. Surely people should be able to have an online persona and have a separate username for the serious business of job applications.

2. I've seen a job I want to apply for, here on TES. Only the school requires that applicants use the TES online application portal.
    "What's wrong with that?" I hear you ask. Well, the problem with that is they get to see every dust-up, whinge, scathing or foolish/tongue-in-cheek comment ever made on this forum and connect it to me, as one must be registered and logged in to use said application portal.
    I attempted to get around this by creating a new user, using a different email address. Alas, the system told me that I already existed.
    So what to do? Delete this username and its history in order to remain more anonymous during a job application, or risk it?
    TES, this is pants. Surely people should be able to have an online persona and have a separate username for the serious business of job applications.

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

You must log out from current account and try a different email. I have another account, no problem. Perhaps the alternate email you used had been used before on TES. Open a new gmail / yahoo / hotmail account and try again.

4. Be careful if your first name is not Judaeo-Christian (or something 'other' than that) otherwise they will decide your gender. [​IMG]
    Maybe you become male by default.