1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cried in front of students

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by scienceteacher11, Jan 25, 2012.

1. scienceteacher11

scienceteacher11 New commenter

Most of them had left the class, so not a whole class-was just so frustrated at their lack of interest and motivation-is my career over!! not like me-worried how they will perceive me now!

2. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

This can happen to the best of us!! You are not alone, and don't think for one minute this is a deal breaker for your career !!
    I would look at the root causes of this emotion. Are you feeling overworked, under supported? Or is it a low point at this time of year?
    If you think it is due to anxiety, depression then go and see your doctor. If this is a longer term issue consider CBT therapy.
    In terms of your students, they may think you are human and therefore show a bit of humanity. If they are nasty little b****ers then get support from your DTL or another teacher.
    Try to rest tonight and find something to relax you, take a long hot bath and get a good nights sleep. Things will look better in the morning.
    Let us know how you get on.
    PS - you can also post in 'Personal'.
    Good Luck [​IMG]