1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

crepey neck - miracle cream / half decent cream suggestions?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon63, Feb 26, 2011.

1. To reward me for turning 35 it has been decreed that I should get a crepey neck. I hate it and somehow find it more distressing that any facial crunkles I might be getting. I am willing to splash out on something that might do some good - any ideas?

2. To reward me for turning 35 it has been decreed that I should get a crepey neck. I hate it and somehow find it more distressing that any facial crunkles I might be getting. I am willing to splash out on something that might do some good - any ideas?

3. Much sympathy but no solution, I am afraid. I have bought Gatineau throat and neck gel, can't see any difference. ALso I use Decelor aromessence, it feels lovely but I don't know if it works. If it is any comfort at all I think I started to become aware of my neck at about your age; fifteem years on I don't think it has got significantly worse.

4. I have good skin and my neck is a crepe-free zone. It's genetic and also, perhaps, down to NOT using chemical potions.
    I use pure creams made with pure ingredients.
    Too many people are fooled by the prices.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Bloody Nora - you're unhappy with your neck at 35! Work on the creams but tbh the only real solution is get used to it. So sorry[​IMG]

6. For example, ... ... ...

7. Nivea Creme. It's brilliant.

8. Nivea's full of lanolin.

It encourages hair growth.

I suppose the hair would hide the crepey neck...

9. I use Nivea Hand Cream ... have done for ever as my Mum did

10. Well that explains the palms of my hands

11. Rot!

I have a lovely hairless face and neck, I'll have you know.

12. I bet it's not crepey - there's probably a single throat line, and you think that's crepe.
    Moisturiser-wise, I recommend Dr Hauschka (no chemicals or lanolin) or a brand called Akamuti (inexpensive, but entirely natural)
    Or, if you can be bothered, you could make your own!

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

INGREDIENTS: Parafinnum liquidum, PEG-150, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, parfum, limonene, geraniol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexane carboxaldehyde, citronellol

PURE parafinnum liquidum, I assume?

14. I bought it in Amsterdam. It's all in Dutch - but ok - point taken.
    It makes my skin look fantastic. I also like Vaseline and Waitrose Baby Bottom Cream - which IS pure!

15. I am 54 and my neck is just starting to think about crepiness (I met sparkly_duck and Victoria_Plum on Wed; please put me right if I'm kidding myself here) although my face is cracked like an old china jug.
    I have only ever used whatever (cheap) face cream I was using at the time on it and thus conclude that like so many things, it's genetic, which is why expensive cream manufacturers can wheel out a bunch of unlined uncrepey goddesses and claim it's their product that dunnit. My mother had good skin but she put that down to never having gone on a diet.

16. PURE parafinnum liquidum, I assume?
    Might have gone over her head.

17. Nivea! I thought we were going to be treated to creme de la mer or some concoction made by hippies!
    Listen, beestoni - the reason why your neck is going a bit wrinkly is quite possibly sun damage. You should use SPF every day of the year on face, neck and chest if you're wearing a low cut top. UV light damages collagen. You can probably halt the damage by buying a creme with SPF 15 - you don't even have to use a posh one on your nrck, as it's not a place where people tend to get spots.

18. It is genetic, largely. I agree about the expensive potions - or expensive make-up, come to that - it's all a huge con.

19. Hey. Don't knock it. It's Dutch Nivea, remember.

20. Staying out of the sun helps too. I may be the colour of a corpse, but at least my skin's good.