1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

creme brulee blowtorch - where to buy gas?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Frances1985, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Hello all,

Today I bought a creme brulee set from Lakeland which came with a blowtorch. Lakeland had run out of gas and the lady suggested a few shops in town where I could find some, but none of them had any! So, my question for those of you who have a cooking blowtorch, where do you buy the gas?

Thanks

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I was given a blow torch set from Lakeland and had a lot of trouble getting hold of the gas. I tried buying it online but the nozzle wasn't compatible.
    I ended up getting some from a local cooking equipment shop. I took the blow torch along and they tried filling it for me and checked that it worked. If you are anywhere near Worcester then it's the one in the precinct almost opposite Laura Ashley.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I got mine in Poundland! Most brands have nozzle adapotrs in the lid of the can. Try any hardware store, B&Q, Homebase or any large supermarket.

4. Thanks for the replies :)

I live near a Homebase so will give there a try tomorrow.

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

any newsagent that sells cigarettes - the yellow lighter gas canister is what you are after - less than £2

6. Kelloggs

Kelloggs New commenter

All you need is cigarette lighter fuel - available from all newsagents - as the poster said above.