1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creep choral version

Discussion in 'Music' started by saxo07, Sep 14, 2011.

1. saxo07

saxo07 New commenter

So I was watching Hollyoaks this evening (I know I know!) and they had as background music a really nice choral version of Creep by Radiohead.
    I've looked online and can't seem to find it. Did anyone else hear it or know where I can get it from? It would be perfect for my choir!

2. saxo07

saxo07 New commenter

So I was watching Hollyoaks this evening (I know I know!) and they had as background music a really nice choral version of Creep by Radiohead.
    I've looked online and can't seem to find it. Did anyone else hear it or know where I can get it from? It would be perfect for my choir!

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axrqVfuGHh0

4. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

That's just disturbing!
    Angelic teenage girls' voices singing, 'I wish I was special', 'but I'm a creep', 'what the hell am I doing here', 'I don't belong here', 'I don't care if it hurts', 'I want to have control', 'I want a perfect body', 'I
    want a perfect soul'...
    A great arrangement from a musical point-of-view, but I'd be concerned about singing this in a school.

5. Hmm, exactly what I thought silverfern! I happened to see this episode of Hollyoaks (a relapse after kicking the habit a couple of years ago), and the music is used as a backdrop to a plot involving a 'chatroom' serial killer targeting teenage girls...

6. I saw it too, think it's fab! I guess it depends on the maturity of those singing it? I would be tempted to use it!

7. saxo07

saxo07 New commenter

haha I should add that I was thinking about my 6th form choir! It really isn't appropriate for KS3

8. Have a look at Scala and the Kolcany Brothers version on You tube (I don't know if the link attached is this one). I have done this song with 11-16 pupils. Change the words that are inappropriate and it is very acceptable. My choir love this and the audience acknowledges this every time at the end of a concert.
    It is only 4 chords, try a unison verse and 3 part chorus.

9. I did it with my year 9-13 girls choir in a great arrangemnt last year. Two or three changed words of course. the girls loved it and sounded great and it went dwon very well with the audience.