1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creativity in primary science

Discussion in 'Primary' started by thedancingqueen, Aug 30, 2010.

1. I'm interested in how primary teachers are creative in science please, to make children interested in and enthusiastic about primary science. If you know any documents or websites that I could also read about creativity in primary science, I'd also be very interested in those. I am a trainee teacher and am interested in investigating this further to develop my own practice. Thanks

2. Scholastic books are very good. There's one called;
    Activities for Scientific Enquiry Ages 5-7, and another one for Ages 7-11.

Basic kitchen sink science is the best - where children actually find out things they are interested in.
    Science through the creative curriculum works the best!

3. Having developed a passion for teaching <u>real</u> primary science and not being able to find the resources I needed to both produce and stimulate hands on, practical science lessons I produced my own scheme. This took me a couple of years but has now be live on the web for nine months. The feedback I have been getting has been fantastic and the site is now being accessed worldwide (some of these resources are free to download in the TES resources section). The site offers loads of free resources and you can access these by visiting www.sigmascience.co.uk . I hope you like them.