1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative Topic

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Doodlem, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Mister Maker is very prescribed... Surely CD is able child initiated creativity rather than reproducing an adult design.

Good creativity is about the children coming up with their own designs and discussing them. If you want to focus on creativity maybe try choosing a topic which inspires the children's imaginations to make/construct lots of different things. My class have really taken to our space topic this term and i've have some brilliant rockets, aliens, planets, outfits, using a wide variety of media - clay, salt dough, junk modellings, paint, chalk, collage, crayons, water colours, tissue paper. They also designed the spaceship role play from scratch including the outfits.

2. Thanks for your reply. I meant Mister Maker as a means of introducing creativity to them which would interest them and then go from there interests after that. But I agree that perhaps a specific topic with lots of creative activities planned might work better.

3. I get what you are saying.
    Introducing mister maker is a good way of getting it started. It can be used to show and talk about different variety of materials and perhaps ch can think of what they would like use to make things
    I like it, as long as it is ch who do the thinking and adult supports them in whatever they want to do.