1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by xteachersarahx, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I will be beginning a new job soon and currently working on planning for the year. Speaking to the other Year 2 teacher we have come up with a draft plan of 'Our wonderful world'. Each half term we then focus on a different place in the world/topic so we would need six altogether. At the moment I have thought of:
    Antarctica - explorers
    Peru- Rainforest, including the Incas
    Australia- Under the sea
    China- Festivals (Chinese New Year)
    Italy - Mountains and volcanoes (could include a little about Florence Nightingale)
    Madagascar - Island life
    Greece- The Olympics
    South Africa - Safari, including famous people (Nelson Mandela)
    India - India with Barnaby Bear

Do you think this would actually work for a whole year though? Which would you choose/do you think are most suited to Year 2/any other ideas?
    I'm also thinking of linking a couple to Mantle of the Expert.
    Thanks for your help! x

2. Hi there,
    I will be beginning a new job soon and currently working on planning for the year. Speaking to the other Year 2 teacher we have come up with a draft plan of 'Our wonderful world'. Each half term we then focus on a different place in the world/topic so we would need six altogether. At the moment I have thought of:
    Antarctica - explorers
    Peru- Rainforest, including the Incas
    Australia- Under the sea
    China- Festivals (Chinese New Year)
    Italy - Mountains and volcanoes (could include a little about Florence Nightingale)
    Madagascar - Island life
    Greece- The Olympics
    South Africa - Safari, including famous people (Nelson Mandela)
    India - India with Barnaby Bear

Do you think this would actually work for a whole year though? Which would you choose/do you think are most suited to Year 2/any other ideas?
    I'm also thinking of linking a couple to Mantle of the Expert.
    Thanks for your help! x