1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative making ideas scrapbook

Discussion in 'Book club' started by JU3fromLeics, Nov 17, 2017.

1. JU3fromLeics

JU3fromLeics Occasional commenter

I am collecting a scrapbook of making ideas for the festive season, birthdays and other occasions and events.
    Where possible I am going to try and use reclaimed materials.
    There is already a collection of fabric, tissue paper and trimmings from last Christmas such as ribbon.

Also looking for interesting card ideas to make. :) :) o_O

Please add any creative ideas below to fill up this scrapbook.

2. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

Is this for personal use, school use or are you planning to publish it (just to be clear)?

3. JU3fromLeics

If you click on"post reply" it "publishes"on the screen like all the others strands for people to read.It is meant to be fun and not formal.
    This IS the scrapbook by the way.

Any ideas to add from anyone? :)
    Home or school is fine.
    Ideas contributed could be adapted for different uses if you are happy with them.

4. JU3fromLeics

Children could wrap containers in recycled paper and decorate accordingly to make them festive. These could be cuboid shapes (boxes) or cylinder shapes using kitchen roll for example. It is easy to suggest different uses such as pencil storage.
    Older children might want to make the cuboid nets first.

5. galerider123

A decorated egg box could make a nice little jewellery box...? (It might be necessary to blast these briefly in the microwave first)

6. galerider123

I know it is late for this year, but last year's Christmas cards, cut up, hole punched and a bit of sparkly string or twine can make nice tags for this year. Choose interesting bits of the pictures and cut around in wibbly or straight edges as you feel. I like them because whatever my wrapping paper I can ususally find a tag in a matching colour.

7. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

I have made better copies of the poor diagrams and tables that I've found in books and articles on the basis that I wanted a better copy of them for myself.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...1_2_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511192361&sr=1-2

I saw, the other day, in the above a table/list which is beyond my artistic ability to recreate, but nonetheless I might yet have a stab at. In illustrating the idea of dictionary word order the authors have found a list of available "dancing partners" in a Singapore club. For example - the number of strokes needed for Ada puts her about halfway between the start and middle.

8. JU3fromLeics

Christmas tree shapes are great for sticking saved trimmings, scraps of paper and sparkles on to
    and this could soon become be a fun activity.

Templates can easily made by drawing around triangles by the way.

9. JU3fromLeics