1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative, doing lesson for KS2 year 6 on healthy week

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by minky4uk44, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hello all, I need some really good ideas for lessons to do with being healthy. I'm getting observed on this lesson so it needs to be creative, prehaps a doing activity for year 6! A lesson that will WOW the head, something new and fresh! but im stuggling for ideas. I spoke to another teacher in school and she is doing first aid with lots of doing activities. Does any one please have any ideas. My brian is fried!
    Thanks

2. Hello all, I need some really good ideas for lessons to do with being healthy. I'm getting observed on this lesson so it needs to be creative, prehaps a doing activity for year 6! A lesson that will WOW the head, something new and fresh! but im stuggling for ideas. I spoke to another teacher in school and she is doing first aid with lots of doing activities. Does any one please have any ideas. My brian is fried!
    Thanks

3. Have you been watching Jamie's Food Revolution? He did a really cool activity about calories in the last episode that I will be trying to use when I do health next term. He got them to choose a snack (fruit, veg, chocolate etc). Then took them onto the school field. He got those who'd chosen the fruit to walk round the track 4 times as that would be how long it would take to burn off. When it came to those who'd chosen chocolate, they had to walk round 20+ times I think. Very visual, kinaesthetic way to show them!