1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative Curriculum - year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Clara1703, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Hello, I am starting a new job (NQT) in September in year 2 and have been asked for my opinion on what topics I'd like to cover next year, the school follows a creative curriculum and wants to try out new topics. Has anyone covered topics they really enjoyed and if anyone has any plans they would be gratefully received at claranunes1@googlemail.com. Thanks so much in advance.

2. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Hi
    In my Year 2 class we've done 'An Eye on London', 'Castles' and 'Around the World in 80 days' this year - we do one each term.
    If you have a hunt in the resources section on here you'll find LOTS of planning and resources for a wide range of topics.

3. Jen g

Jen g New commenter

This year we have covered - The great fire of London, The polar express, Lighthouses, Space (which did not work well and I won't repeat this next year!), birds and meerkat mail- which i will link with the olympics! I think next year I will swap space for a contrasting locality such as Windermere but i haven't fully decided!!

4. This year we have done:
    Heroes and Superheroes (history lead)
    Space Quest (history lead focussing on moon landings and life in 1960s)
    Weird, Wacky and Wonderful (art lead theme looking at loads of unusual artists)
    Amazon Adventure (geog lead)
    Island Detectives (geog lead)
    We would usually finish with our local area, but this year are, of course, doing the Olympics.
    So far the children have loved all the themes, but Space Quest and Weird, Wacky and Wonderful have been the most popular.