1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative Curriculum - HELP

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ATurner0007, May 4, 2011.

1. ATurner0007

ATurner0007 New commenter

We have decided as a school to go down the creative curriculum route - better late than never!

Heres the problem, in doing so we have been asked to scrap all QCA units of work and refer back to the National Curriculum. But its just too bland!

As my subject is D&T I am supposed to be looking at the National Curriculum and explaining to people what they are meant to be teaching ensuring ample coverage of all PoS - surely I can't tell people what to make in D&T before they have chosen their topics for the creative curriculum.

How can I ensure coverage of PoS at KS1 and KS2, plus ensure that teachers are teaching the relevant skills necessary?

Whilst spending the afternoon Googling D&T I came across a rather interesting Overview (Google: 'Design technology ambleside primary school' and click on the PDF file).
    Would this be the kind of thing that I need to develop? Does it allow too much freedom?
    HELP im just too confused!!!

2. ATurner0007

ATurner0007 New commenter

We have decided as a school to go down the creative curriculum route - better late than never!

Heres the problem, in doing so we have been asked to scrap all QCA units of work and refer back to the National Curriculum. But its just too bland!

As my subject is D&T I am supposed to be looking at the National Curriculum and explaining to people what they are meant to be teaching ensuring ample coverage of all PoS - surely I can't tell people what to make in D&T before they have chosen their topics for the creative curriculum.

How can I ensure coverage of PoS at KS1 and KS2, plus ensure that teachers are teaching the relevant skills necessary?

Whilst spending the afternoon Googling D&T I came across a rather interesting Overview (Google: 'Design technology ambleside primary school' and click on the PDF file).
    Would this be the kind of thing that I need to develop? Does it allow too much freedom?
    HELP im just too confused!!!