1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

creative curriculum for Y2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amaryllis2, Jan 31, 2011.

1. We just had a days inset on creativity and each year group needs to choose a topic to work on with their class over a half term. Has anyone done this and could you offer any ideas for a suitable topic that would excite and engage a Y2 class?

2. We just had a days inset on creativity and each year group needs to choose a topic to work on with their class over a half term. Has anyone done this and could you offer any ideas for a suitable topic that would excite and engage a Y2 class?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

The first step i always take before planning a new topic is to ask the children what they would like to learn. This term I asked the children before Christmas, I knew I had to do a topic about ways of life from the past and also one that fits 2 science targets - but that was it. They came up with what they wanted to learn and now are so interested in it because they choose it and planned it with me!