1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative Curriculum Art and Design

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by creativeone, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hello all,
    I was wondering if someone could help. We are trying to combine Art and DT with our topic ancient Egyptians (this half term) and Light and Sound (next half term).
    We have ideas but need help with the teaching and learning. Does anyone already have plans?
    We thought combining art ( papyrus paper making and Egyptian drawing, clay canopic jars/jewellery, sarcophagus and mummy, scarab bettles) with Egyptian topic. I think we would be able to complete 2/3 of these pieces in 6 weeks.
    Along with Autumn 2nd half combining DT (puppet theatre and instruments) with Light and Sound topic. It would also fit with Egyptian topic in hindsight.
    Any lesson plans for the teaching and learning of these Art and DT projects would give us some foundation of how to carry out all of this.
    Any help would be really helpful, thank you very much
    Creativeone

<table align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td style="padding:0cm 9pt;" align="left"> </td></tr></table>

2. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

I'm a HLTA and have covered both these topics.
    Egyptians - looked at the stylised art work and drew people using the grid method, used papyrus to make a bookmark with names, made a sarcophagus with clay and mummy using Modroc,made a scarab beetle one year and also and Eye of Horus another year.I think the Eye of Horus and scarab beetles were more successful than the sarcophogus - some children made them too thin and they fractured when they painted them.We made the jewellery one year.There is a new book out with ideas...I just wish I had thought of doing it!
    Light and Sound- studied the Impressionists/Post Impressionists for art and DT-torches, robots.
    Hope this helps.My planning is at school and we have no access at present.I hope someone else can help with this.

3. Hello,
    Thank you for your advice snugglepot. I think I will follow your advice and go with Eye of Horus and scarab beetle.
    I can wait until September for planning if access is a problem currently, my e-mail address is:
    crazyabouttiffanys@hotmail.com

this would we a great help and much appreciated.
    Thanks again
    Creativeone