1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creative arts

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by h4zelh, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hey,
    I am stuck on an interview question and was wondering if anyone could help:
    'what distinctive contribution can the creative arts make to primary school experience?

Thank you in advance

Hazel

2. Hey,
    I am stuck on an interview question and was wondering if anyone could help:
    'what distinctive contribution can the creative arts make to primary school experience?

Thank you in advance

Hazel

3. I'd go along the lines of engaging students in imaginative ways, increasing self esteem and social interactionamong students. Creative arts canbe linked into and used to access academia in subtle ways, more chances for cross curricular teaching etc.
    Hope that helps?!

4. Yes it is! If you are there too would you like to send me a message as it would be nice to talk to someone who is going too. Im so nervous. It isnt going too great, but then I dont think a year would be enough time to prepare properly

5. I graduated last year so I'm not there anymore :( sorry! Would have been good to talk yeah I agree. Mine isn't going too great either really, just so much stuff to look through! I'm struggling most with the first question and the one about the national curriculum subjects.
    What are you studying at the moment?

6. The one about the national curriculum subjects- have a look at a post I put on here about the 3rd most important curriculum subject as people have posted some good answers that have made me think.

I am working. I graduated in 2005 with a Psychology degree

7. I found it, thanks :) Some useful responses there! I'd already thought about saying something along those lines about Science, ICT and PSHE, good to know I wasn't thinking something totally crazy!
    I know what you mean about the current issues, difficult to know what to look at! I've read the white paper summary section and bits of the full sections (but it's so much to take in and the summary covers it anyway), and I had a look at some of the articles on this site. Trouble is that was almost two months ago for my last interview and I've somewhat neglected looking at them for this one!
    I'm struggling with the first question simply because I'm worried I've interpreted it wrong ... we'll see!

8. I only decided to do a PGCE a month ago. I only applied to see what the process is and was going to do it properly next year, but I got an interview. I was really suprised but with only 2 weeks notice its been a rush.
    I have also read the white paper but dont feel as if i know nearly enough about current stuff.
    Im off to revise my KS2 maths, lol