1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

creative arts display

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fayebaline, Sep 1, 2011.

1. I need to put up the schools creative arts display in the hallway and i am stck for ideas to go on it.
    Last year I put up all the activites that chidren could do in the area. The only idea I can come up with at the moment is putting up art this term and showing all the differnet types of art with examples from last years children and then putting up differnet types of music next term but not sure if thats a bit boring?
    Any other ideas??
    Thanks

2. I've got a display when the children wrote their own name in hieroglyphics and we left up the hieroglyphics alphabet symbols and asked people to see which cartouche belonged to which child.
    Could you ask teachers to give you some examples of the art they did last year?
    Put up some pictures of different artists and then laminate another copy and cut into jigsaw pieces. Make up a frame on the board with velcro for each piece and the children have to make up the picture for themselves.