1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creating Resources for sale

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by durgamata, Jul 5, 2017.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hello fantastic people.
    For many years now I have been creating free resources and I'm delighted that they are popular. Downloads are over 600,000 and views nearly a million -

But talking to friends they all say I should make some which can be bought as I should not just use all my time, knowledge and experience free. So I am setting out on this new venture. I will still offer lots free but design some new ones with particular teachers needs in mind - and charge a fair price for them.

One of my friends and mentors in this field has advised me to Join the Facebook group for TES Authors. I've spent a while searching for this group, without success. Can anyone direct me please?
    Many thanks, DurgaMata

mrajlong likes this.
  2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Hello @durgamata :)

You would be better posting this in the TES Authors' Forum. You'll find lots of advice there and I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the direction of the Facebook group.

mrajlong likes this.
  3. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

You've got great views and downloads stats @durgamata . If you wanna make some of them premium, remember you cannot convert a free resource to premium without reuploading and losing all your reviews. You also need to make sure that you are not breaching copyright in any way - images, text etc. Otherwise you're good to go. You will need to take tax into account though. Good luck! ;)

4. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

There are a couple of pinned threads at the top of the Authors' Forum in which you'll find a wealth of information to help you get started.
    Good luck!

5. Tes_Natalie

Tes_Natalie New commenter