1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creating Newspaper reports on the computer...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Chatterbox1607, May 7, 2012.

1. Chatterbox1607

Chatterbox1607 New commenter

What is the best publication to use to allow children to type up their completed newspaper articles completed in class? Already available in columns? Thanks in advance.

2. Chatterbox1607

Chatterbox1607 New commenter

What is the best publication to use to allow children to type up their completed newspaper articles completed in class? Already available in columns? Thanks in advance.

3. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

2 publish, although if uks2 I'd be getting them to do it themselves on word

4. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

As said previously, Word will allow you to add columns for writing. Adobe publisher is the best I've seen for page designing, but I'd only use this in UKS2. My Year 5s used it last year at a local newspaper and the results were super!

5. I've always just given them a template I've made in publisher, with text boxes in. If your pupils are able enough, they could do it themselves. I don't suppose this is the best use of technology that's available but it's all I know at the moment!

6. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

7. We use Publisher, loads of templates that allow children choose their own style.