1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creating an Excel assessment sheet

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissTeach10, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    I'm wondering if any of you can explain how I can create an assessment sheet on excel for my class. Can't remember the exact jargon but the ones where you give the cell a value and it then changes the colour of the cell according to my assessment e.g. entering the value 1 will turn the cell red, 2 = turn it green etc...
    I know there is a thread on here somewhere but I cannot find it and it is driving me crazy!
    Thank you in advance! [​IMG]

2. Hi guys,
    I'm wondering if any of you can explain how I can create an assessment sheet on excel for my class. Can't remember the exact jargon but the ones where you give the cell a value and it then changes the colour of the cell according to my assessment e.g. entering the value 1 will turn the cell red, 2 = turn it green etc...
    I know there is a thread on here somewhere but I cannot find it and it is driving me crazy!
    Thank you in advance! [​IMG]

3. mpc

mpc

It's called conditional formatting.
    I've got Excel 2007. The conditional formatting box is on the menu across the top.
    You got to Highlight cell rules, equal to and set your value and choose your colour.
    I use it a lot in MFL (Secondary) as it encourages accuracy and saves on lots of marking.
    Good luck!

4. Fab thank you. All done and ready to go!!