1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Creating a silent movie

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by paul_mc1, Jan 3, 2012.

1. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Does anyone know how I can take a fireworks video, delete the sound from it and get the children to create their own music and add the two together. I've got Dance e-jay to create the music which can export as WAV and WMV. Any help is much appreciated!!!!!!

2. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Does anyone know how I can take a fireworks video, delete the sound from it and get the children to create their own music and add the two together. I've got Dance e-jay to create the music which can export as WAV and WMV. Any help is much appreciated!!!!!!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Import the fireworks video into Windows Movie Maker. If Movie Maker splits the clip into random segments, do CTRL A (select all) CTRL M (Merge) before proceeding. Then switch to timeline view, expand the video track by clicking on the little cross below the word 'Video', select the audio track that accompanies the video, right click for menu and mute it. Don't try to delete it.

In Dance eJay remember that the timeline across the top is not measured in seconds, so calculate the length of the video clip in terms of the eJay timeline and set that as the limit for your class project. As a ready reckoner, 20 on the timeline is about 30 seconds of real time.

Be mindful of any restrictions on your school system regarding the creation and saving of sound files - MP3 and WAV paranoia among technicians can easily b*gger up the export of finished files from eJay. I've also never managed to get the export as MP3 option to work in school. I've never seen export as WMA on eJay before but maybe you have a more recent version?

Assuming you can successfully export a WAV from eJay, you should then be able to import it into Movie Maker and insert it on the second Audio track in the timeline. If Movie Maker won't do this, I'd suggest downloading the freacPortable media converter onto a USB stick and converting the eJay WAVs into WMA format. I've found that this USB-based portable converter works on student accounts even though it's an exe file, but school networks do differ.

Finally, consider adding firework sound effects to the eJay mix by finding 'explosion' WAV clips online and adding them to eJay with the Import Sample option.

4. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Thank you so much for such a clear response - ypu've saved me loads of time!!!!!!