1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB question

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Mrs-Pip, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

Hi all. If you move house is it true that your CRB is not valid? Or that you have to renew it within 3 months so that they can check you at an address that you have just moved to???? Also, I have just read on here that a CRB is only valid for a year? I was under the impression that they are valid for 3 years? Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light.

2. There seems to be a huge mythology and much nonsense about CRBs.
    It is actually a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION CHECK so what is this new nonsense abouta change of address being a "criminal" act by some bdimwiy bureacrat???

3. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

That's what I said! My current CRB is 5 months old but as I am moving this is what I have been told... I'm sure it can't be right as my argument was... if I have only just moved there etc etc... This was answered by, you haven't been checked at that address though!!!! Arrgghh!

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The Criminal record check traces you based on Police records for someone of your name andyour date of birth at your given addresses in the past X years.
    There may be more than one Mrs jubilee and the age and address details serve to distinguish us.
    Moving house when you have a CRB clearance that is still valid with your employer should not require another CRB as your new location does not pose a risk factor.
    When the employer next requires a CRB, perhaps because there has been a lengthy gap in providing you with work, you would be checked against the Police having any record of you offending since last checked, using your new and previous address as identifiers.
    You'd need to inform your employer of your new address, if only for an updated CV and they'd tell you if they then wanted yet another CRB.

5. You must challenge the idiotic and crooked "thinking".
    Firstly each eCRB certificate will have a unique reference number at the top. Get the bureacrat to actually ring the CRB office as the police, insurance companies do ...no problem .
    Also show the fool your ID, utility bills, passport driving license (with the relevant evidence that you have notified the DVLA about your change of address.
    The DVLA has a special number which insurance companies use to verify links between previous addresses to current addresses!
    Now this fool needs to be enlightened to be less obstructive.