1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB Form - not come across this before...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Eva_Smith, May 24, 2011.

1. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Am I registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority if I've completed a CRB before?

Am I applying for registration with the ISA if I'm completing the CRB? There's now a section which asks this; I don't remember this and the guidance booklet I've been given doesn't mention it.

2. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Am I registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority if I've completed a CRB before?

Am I applying for registration with the ISA if I'm completing the CRB? There's now a section which asks this; I don't remember this and the guidance booklet I've been given doesn't mention it.

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

You are only registered with the ISA if you have asked to and, since it is being abolished, I wouldn't bother now.

4. ISA was set up by the last government - it was going to be compulsory to register with ISA when you did CRB check. CRB forms were updated to show this.
    ISA now being abolished by new government so not taking any new applications, however CRB forms haven't been updated.
    So basically ignore that part of the form.

5. If you log onto the CRB website and check the FAQs, or instructions to complete, this will probably explain what to do about this Q- or ring them and ask