1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB Form Before Interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by msjr113, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I have been invited to an interview on Thursday (perm. post) and I have been asked to complete a CRB form prior to interview.
    This has not happened to me at prior interviews and I was wondering if anyone knows if this has any significance? (slight OCD about interviews and what to expect)
    For example could this mean I am the only/the preferred candiate (I hope[​IMG])?

2. I have been invited to an interview on Thursday (perm. post) and I have been asked to complete a CRB form prior to interview.
    This has not happened to me at prior interviews and I was wondering if anyone knows if this has any significance? (slight OCD about interviews and what to expect)
    For example could this mean I am the only/the preferred candiate (I hope[​IMG])?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There is no way that they could get an answer back from CRB by tomorrow, so they are probably just getting the forms filled in ready to rush off the right one and get it all sorted with the Christmas post coming in.
    Make sure you read all the advice in the Interview clickables inside the Welcome thread.
    And very best of luck from all of us!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

I went to an interview where they did this - all 3 of us did CRBs and gave docs to be copied before we were interviewed. I got the job :) and it meant I didn't have to go back just to show documents and fill in the form, and only 2.5 weeks after interview my CRB came back. If this is for a Jan start I assume it's so they can send it off asap and hopefuly get it back before you start teaching in Jan.
    I assume they shred the unsucessful applicant's forms.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't take this to mean you are guaranteed the job!