1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB checvks and GTC England

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hol75, May 31, 2011.

1. I just wondered if anyone has exerienced what I have regarding `crb checks.. I have a CRB check from September 2010 from the school I do supply at. I want to do some supply in Wales so I have to register with The GTC for Wales. I am already registered with GTCE. GTCWales want me to register with them and fill out a CRB form which I have to pay myself. This I feel is a little unfair as I have a CRB check , my application will be rejected they state if I dont fill out the CRB form.

2. I just wondered if anyone has exerienced what I have regarding `crb checks.. I have a CRB check from September 2010 from the school I do supply at. I want to do some supply in Wales so I have to register with The GTC for Wales. I am already registered with GTCE. GTCWales want me to register with them and fill out a CRB form which I have to pay myself. This I feel is a little unfair as I have a CRB check , my application will be rejected they state if I dont fill out the CRB form.

3. You often need a new crb just moving between schools/leas etc. My crb was less than 12 months at my next job and they did another. My supply one covers me for supply work with that agency but if I go to a school direct ir another agency they will do another - they are only really valid the day they are done! My supply agency made me pay so after being made redundant I just forked out for the crb and re registering with the gtc as I was out if teaching for a bit.