1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB checks with supply agencies

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by thandroo, Apr 13, 2011.

1. I am not doubting you but NASUWT have just told me that you need seperate CRB checks! This is very annoying.

2. The above mesage now doesn't make sense but it was in response to a previous post!
    Thanks for the comments about CRBs being portable. I am going to ring agencies now to find out which ones accept portable CRBs before signing up to any.
    I was hoping to get work independent of agencies but I can see that being tricky. I guess if a school wants me for long term supply it is worth me (or them) paying out. Fingers crossed

3. At last an intelligent response.
    The reference number is clearly visible, unique and quotable on the ECRB document!
    So why do the dimwits out there still spout all the costly nonsense and balls?

4. i USED TO WORK I9N CARE I WAS XCONVICTED OF AN CRIMINAL OFFENCE THAT WAS NOT RELATED TO MY CAREER BUT IT WAS DRINK DRIVING OFFENCE
    THIS HAS FOR OVER TEN YEARS AFFECTED MY CAREER IN ANYTHING I DO, AND I DO NOT AGREE WITH NIIT JUST THE COSTKLY ASPECT BUT OF THE LIFE TERM SENTENCE IT HAS BECOME YET CHANGES PRIOR TO 18 WHICH IAS ALSO DESCRIMINATION FOLLOWING ADVICE AND INFORMATION TO PUT A STOP TO THE LAW THAT IS NOT ABOVE ANY PERSONS I AM NOW SUEING THE CHIEF POLICE OFFICER UNDER A COMMERCIAL LIEN AS NO MAN HAS THE RIGHT TO BE DENIED TO EARN A LIVING , I JUST WISH MANY MORE FORUMS WOUULD TAKE NOTE OF COMMON LAW AND THE COMMERCIAL LAW OF TODAY HAS NO RIGHT OF AUTHORITY TO CHANGE LAWS TIO SUIT THIER WALLET WHICH IS WHY I DECIDED TO COMMENCE THIS COMMERCIAL LIEN AS ALL MAN IS EQUAL AND SPWENT MEANS SPENT NOT (WE WILL DESTROY YOU FOR LIFE) BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT DOES TO EVERYONE GO TO UNLAWFULL REBELLION WEBSITE GOOD LUCK !

5. CRB's should be portable if they are under three years old. However, I was just told to pay £60 for a CRB with an agency I haven't even worked for. They can't even guarantee me a job so I said I wouldn't pay it. At first they said they could recoup the cost out of my first wages with them and then reneged and said I needed to pay upfront. I am just going to stick with the agencies who have used my current CRB and they others can go fly a kite!!! x

6. CRBs are portable if the employer/agency wants to accept them ..BUT it is at their risk. That is why many insist on a new CRB. Back covering; as if the CRB is of any use in child protection as it is really only valid on the day that it is done - as, I believe, the CRB acknowledges.
    On another note, i have been advised that schools are insisting on a new CRB every year. Anyone else come across this?

7. I have been asked by one of the agencies if I wanted to be put forward for a long-term job, but that the school insisted that all candidates take out a new CRB. To expensive; sounds like a rip-off!

8. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Plus, a new CRB only costs £44. Tell that agency to jog on.

9. Absolutely! One big RIP-OFF! Just feeding money into yet another bureacratic, malign and utterly useless QUANGO.....[​IMG]
    As for the school...full of brainwashed dimwits!

10. I need your expert advice. I don't want to apply for my CRB via any other source but myself! is that possible? i.e. I complete and submit the form. I want to go to schools without agency fees to pay - basically I want to represent myself. Is that possible?

11. As I understand it you can only obtain a CRB through an organisation or company registered with CR. I'm sure there must be some way to use an independent company, for example Nanny's must be able to obtain CRB disclosure although they aren't usually employed by a company as such.

12. crusell

crusell New commenter

You can't apply for a crb yourself , it has to be done through an organisation.

13. Most organisations <u>should</u> and <u>must</u> pay the fee!!!!!!!