1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB check

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by will2000, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hiya - Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice

I have just been offered a conditional offer on a course to start primary SCITT in September.

Between 2007/2008 I received two cautions - a result of being in with the 'wrong crowd', since
    the I have joined Uni and volunteered in a school and playgroups for sometime, however I'm worried in case they
    now say I cant have my place once the crb check comes back. I've looked into this and know they wont
    clear until my 99th Birthday. Anybody got any advise/been in a similar situation????

Thanks

W x

2. PegMatite

PegMatite New commenter

Presumably you have had a CRB check for your school/playgroup work so you know exactly what the CRB certificate will say. I think you have to take a deep breath & speak to the relevant person at your training provider. Good luck :)

3. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

My advise if that you should of looked at you're form, as said above. I no a teacher who has one caution for picking up a traffic cone when drunk. Think you have to disclose, as CRB will be enhanced. Get some expert advice.

4. The provider must get an enhanced CRB for you. It is likely that they will want to talk to you about the circumstances. In some ways it epends what the cautions were for - if it is for possession of drugs for example then that would be viewed more seriously than for say playing your music too loud - you get what I mean I'm sure.
    You need to be upfront give a full explanation and then show how you can turn your experience into a positive. Cautions will not automatically bar you from a course, but be aware that for each and every job you apply for you will have to go through this there will also be employers who insist on a clean sheet and regardlkess of what the caution is for they will not consider you for a post.
    The Sage