1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

CRB check

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by sheffield_lad, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. sheffield_lad

    sheffield_lad New commenter

    I was hoping someone could help me! I have to do the CRB check as part of the offer from Keele for Secondary English PGCE, however they mention that I have to provide proof of my previous addresses for the past 5 years. The problem is I only have proof of my current address, as in each of my 3 years of Uni I lived at a different address and have no proof of any of these, especially as my halls address in first year didn't even have a postbox! Is there anyway around this or will they rescind my application?
  2. I filled in a CRB for my course last year and I didn't need to send proof of my addresses I just had to write them on the sheet. You only need to show your training provider two proofs of your current address and they tick the sheet to say they have seen them.
  3. sheffield_lad

    sheffield_lad New commenter

    Yeah I thought that would make more sense as there must be a LOT of students who don't have proof of their halls or whatever. I'm just worried because it does explicitly say it. t would be beyond gutting if after the entire application process I missed out due to an administration reason!
  4. Don't worry about it. I'm sure you don't need proof for the last 5 years but even if you do there is plenty of time beofre you will be on placement and need one. Some people on my course literally sent of their crb three weeks beofre we went on placement and still got it on time.
  5. Very sorry for the poor grammar and spelling!
  6. Hi guys,
    I actually sign off CRBs in the job that I do now. You only need to provide proof of address for where you are currently living, but they must be dated within 3 months to be valid.
    Also, you only need to give the details of addresses that you were registered at. Sounds a bit confusing, but as long as you kept your parents address as your main address while you were studying (so all your bills etc. were still sent to your parents home) then you don't need to write down all of your addresses from halls etc.
    I've had to complete several CRBs checks for myself over the last couple of years, and I've always just put down that I was at my parent's address until I moved out properly after I graduated.
    Hope that helps!

Share This Page