1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB check, help please

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by chocolate3, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hi

i have a current enhanced CRB check as I am a tutor however i wish to also do some supply teaching at primary schools and was wondering if i have to get a CRB check for every school I go to work at or if another CRB check will cover all schools within my local area?

Thanks

2. Hi

i have a current enhanced CRB check as I am a tutor however i wish to also do some supply teaching at primary schools and was wondering if i have to get a CRB check for every school I go to work at or if another CRB check will cover all schools within my local area?

Thanks

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I think technically you need one for each employer so you may need to ask a teaching agency to do it for you or maybe if you have a school which will pay you direct, the LEA can do one. It is a daft system.

4. You have to ask the schools. In most LEAs, you must first apply to the LEA, application includes CRB forms, references and usually medical form. After that stage. you can apply to schools. If the LEA has dropped its supply register, you may have to do the application through a school then the LEA or other schools may accept that for other LEA schools.