1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB and Supply Agencies

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hemingfordgrey, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Some will go for portability, but the stranglehold is getting tighter and most agencies, schools and LAs will want their own. I currently have about 23 of the damned things with two more in progress. Another agency, which hasn't given me any work since before the holidays now wants me to apply for yet another for them before they can "use me."

The mythology is that supply teachers represent significantly more danger to children and therefore need more stringent checking.

2. Thanks,
    What a nuisance. I hope the new CRB will be worth it!

3. I refuse to work for a supply agency who require the CRB fee upfront, take it off my first wage and I dont mind but you dont know if they will get you any work and you are forking out money prior!!

4. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

I have just been asked for a new CRB from a supply agency that I have worked for Once, for half a day, and even then they didn't pay me, though I didn't fight is as much as I have should have done or other reasons at the time. Anyway, they now want another £44 for a new CRB from me, and claim that they may have work for me. The other 3 agencies I am registered with still have found me diddly squat since September, so I can't see them being any different. The best bit is that I can have my CRB cleared within a few days (for all this work?) because we can now do it on line! So now our £44 is to pay the muppet that puts the letters into envelopes after we have put all the info into the system ourselves!
    Oh, I will get it back if I do more than 20 days with them (!)