1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB & Drink Driving conviction?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by capricorn_1, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Does a conviction for drink drive adversely affect a CRB?
    Headteacher has been arrested & lost his licence for drink driving.
    Has had to peddle in to work.
    Just wondering, how will this affect his job now and in the future should he ever wish to apply for other headships?

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

There have been a few cases similar to this - and they have raised the debate about the calibre of role model this kind of crime lends students, or indeed other staff. Personally- I have no sympathy for such innate stupidity and hope that the school follow up with their own disciplinary hearing.
    http://www.caernarfonherald.co.uk/caernarfon-county-news/local-caernarfon-news/2011/01/27/driving-ban-for-porthmadog-school-s-deputy-head-88817-28061808/

3. Technically, I think, every 'brush' with the law goes on your CRB form. My caution for riding my father's Bantam down the road when I was thirteen (1963) still shows up, althugh I do not think this has done my career much harm.