1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CRB - agencies

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Kelloggs, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Kelloggs

Kelloggs New commenter

Hi there. I'm just in the process of registering with agencies for some supply work (if I get lucky as I know how dire it can be out there!) Can somebody give me the categoric answer as to the situation with CRB checks please? I have to pay £51 with an agency to get one which is fine (well, not really but there you go). Is that CRB portable or do I have to get a new one with each agency? My last one was done in school in June 2010 so is still current in theory. I don't want to potentially pay out hundreds of pounds to get no work!

2. Kelloggs

Kelloggs New commenter

Hi there. I'm just in the process of registering with agencies for some supply work (if I get lucky as I know how dire it can be out there!) Can somebody give me the categoric answer as to the situation with CRB checks please? I have to pay £51 with an agency to get one which is fine (well, not really but there you go). Is that CRB portable or do I have to get a new one with each agency? My last one was done in school in June 2010 so is still current in theory. I don't want to potentially pay out hundreds of pounds to get no work!

3. I have two CRBs which are about a month old. I've just signed up with another agency who want one of their own, so another £44 with an indeterminate prospect of getting any work.

4. tiggerific1989

tiggerific1989 New commenter

Hi, in answer to your question it depends on the individual agencies as to whether they will give permission for portability. I am signed up with three agencies and have two CRBs as with one of the agencies they asked for portability and got it. Hope that makes sense!