1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crappity **** ****... Ofsted!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by SleighBelle, May 23, 2011.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

The Big O are coming this week. It's the first time I'll have been 'done' as Literacy Co-ordinator of my Primary school.
    Do any of you have any sage advice? Please help to put my mind at rest!
    I know what our strengths and required improvements are. I know what we're doing to make the improvements and have the data to back up that things ARE improving. I can blather on til the cows come home about my role as a "middle-leader" ([​IMG]) and how I'm supporting other teachers.
    What else might they ask?

2. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Not sure ,but posting to say Good Luck[​IMG]

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

They will want to have evidence of progress that your area has made since the last inspection. They will want to know how much you have been involved in the SEF and financial decision making relevant to your area. They will want to check that the resources you have / are getting match the needs of your pupils / the school. If you have support staff aiding literacy they will check if they are effective and how you monitor this.

Good luck x