1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crapping Myself! Pregnant and awaiting the outcome of redundancy :'(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lmc_lmc_lmc, May 16, 2011.

1. i am 6 months pregnant and an going through the selection process for redundancy. There are 6 people in the pool for redundancy and 2 people are for the chop. I have been churning over it for days now, but its now out of my hands, i will find out by the end of the day. Keep going through reasons why it might be me and reasons why it might not. I am kinda hoping pregnancy will work in my favour but I dont know how much of a "professional approach" my HT will take and make the redundancies purely on evidence and not personal circumstances.

I have been told that i will still recieve my full maternity payments so its not all doom and gloom, but the fact of the matter is I love my school. I have formed great attachments with the students and the staff, have made fantastic friends and feel I am starting to make some good progress as a teacher (I have been here 4 years) I was also a pupil at this school 10 years ago and therefore have a great personal attachment. I feel let down by the whole situation, even though i know its not personal.

anyone know how i feel? i just needed to vent. In a few hours time I will know the outcome, and I am just praying its the outcome I want.

Sorry for the rant,
    LMC

2. Awh sorry to hear about all that! It would be a shame to have a place you have such a connection with, even down to being a student there yourself! However, it's not all bad if you do have to leave - like you said you'll receive your maternity pay and have lots of time to spend with your baby before deciding what to do next. Try and think positive and like you said, it is out of your control! Treat yourself to some nice chocolates instead of worrying :)

3. *'to have to leave a place' - sorry!

4. What a stressful situation - at least you know you'll get your maternity pay. Hope it has gone in your favour and if not there is plenty of help available on here.

5. How did it go? [​IMG]