1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Crabbe's alchoholic ginger beer

Discussion in 'Personal' started by l0vaduck, Dec 31, 2011.

1. I have just sampled this, and really like it. Unfortunately the sugar content is a bit too high for me so I'm only allowed sips.

I like it when you discover a new taste. In Malta they have a soft drink (available in sugar free versions!) which tastes like marmalade. Can't remember the name of it but look forward to returning to Malta as I've never seen it anywhere else!

Cheers!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If only they hadn't decided to play that bloody stupid tune every ad break on ITV I might have been tempted to buy some.

3. totally agree mind you I have always like the ginger wine- good for colds [​IMG]

4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I couldn't agree more! It's driven me crackers these last few days. I've tried the drink but it's not to my taste so double pain!!

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

You can make your own alcoholic ginger beer for far less by chucking a measure of Tesco Ginger Wine into a glass of Tesco Diet Ginger Beer! Throw in a slice of lime and you have a party in a glass!

6. 10vaduck was it Kinnie?

7. Best tip I've read for ages - Happy New Year, Lardylegs!

8. Hollow's ginger beer is less sugary and Williams from Alloa do one that's more beery and less like a soft drink with added alcohol.

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Isn't it called 'kini' or something like that?
    Oops.....just read post 6 [​IMG]

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I find all the alcoholic ginger beers hugely disappointing, nowhere near gingery enough and far too sweet, just another alcopop.

11. Have you tried the Williams one? It's not alcopoppy, I promise!

12. Ooh, that sounds good, thanks, will definitely give that a try.

13. Yes, I think it was. Thank you, I couldn't remember what it was called. Have you ever seen it in the UK?

I don't like diet coke, and diet lemonade can be pretty tasteless.

14. Crabbe's is the only one I've seen - on sale in Lidl! I will investigate further. I didn't think that Crabbe's was particularly alcopoppy - it had a lovely mellow after taste like real ginger, I thought. I need to investigate the nutritional content though.

15. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter