1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CPD guidance required - what next?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by simonfowler, May 10, 2011.

1. Dear James,

I am looking for some guidance with regards to my CPD options, bearing in mind my NQT days are nearly over. I am looking for information on secondary roles/responsibilities and timelines in which it would be possible to achieve them.

2. CPD is becoming more difficult to come by as school budgets tighten so you may not be able to find a course that meets your requirements. Anyway, the best CPD you can get is found in schools, volunteering for projects in your dept, taking a more active role in your tutor team, working with teacher trainees. Be mindful that you will be on a full timetable for the first time next year so dont overload yourself, give yourself time to develop as a teacher. Even as a HOD you are only as good as your last set of results and these give you the integrity to stand up in front of colleagues and say 'I can do this!'