1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CPD for ICT Teachers

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Mr_G_ICT, May 2, 2011.

1. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

There was a review of ICT Teachers CPD placed on twitter the other day( http://www.wlecentre.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=363&Itemid=87 ) and thinking about it, i was thinking about the skills i need to know.

I'm a self-confessed geek and work hard to keep up to date on the latest technology(spent the easter holiday teaching myself photoshop, going to be the go-to guy for our new VLE in the next few months), but i think what courses should i be aiming to go on in order to improve my practice as a teacher?

Wondering, what CPD have you attended in the last 12 months and how has it aided your practice?

As a side note, i teach myself all the new technology that we get in school, and of course, when applying for jobs, i can't mention this on the CPD Training i have attended in the last 12 months(guess this is where the letter of application comes in), but is it more worth my while to attend the course rather than teach myself from a CV point of view?

2. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

There was a review of ICT Teachers CPD placed on twitter the other day( http://www.wlecentre.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=363&Itemid=87 ) and thinking about it, i was thinking about the skills i need to know.

I'm a self-confessed geek and work hard to keep up to date on the latest technology(spent the easter holiday teaching myself photoshop, going to be the go-to guy for our new VLE in the next few months), but i think what courses should i be aiming to go on in order to improve my practice as a teacher?

Wondering, what CPD have you attended in the last 12 months and how has it aided your practice?

As a side note, i teach myself all the new technology that we get in school, and of course, when applying for jobs, i can't mention this on the CPD Training i have attended in the last 12 months(guess this is where the letter of application comes in), but is it more worth my while to attend the course rather than teach myself from a CV point of view?

3. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Occasional commenter

Best CPD I get is by visiting other teachers and discussing anything they do.
    It's very commendable that you keep up to date with all the various new software that comes out.
    Sounds like you're ambitious - perhaps go on courses to do with what role you want in future as well as visiting other schools.

4. Love that quote. For those that agree - get thee to a Teachmeet: http://teachmeet.pbworks.com