1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Covid Party

Discussion in 'Personal' started by aypi, Sep 25, 2020.

1. aypi

aypi Senior commenter

Should we send in the troops to ring all the universities, then deliver much alcohol to the students and just let them get it?
    My daughter's boyfriend is off next week, if they follow the rules it may be Easter before she sees him again.
    At least if they both caught it, that's probably it.

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

You are assuming that if someone gets (& survives) Covid-19 they can't get it again. Not certain, and definitely not 100% the case...

monicabilongame likes this.
  3. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Alcohol to student residences must be on the coals to Newcastle, Ice to eskimos list.

Only if they weren't seriously ill. No guarantee of immunity either

Edit: As @Morninglover said first.

4. 7eleven

7eleven Senior commenter

Young, fit people are more than able to suffer what is now being called ‘Long Covid’ and be ill for at least six months.

5. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Lead commenter

We have several teens left disabled, although we can't know yest if this is long or short term. deafness and reduced lung capacity.

My friend working in a hospital tells me several of her longest term patients ( think MONTHS in intensive care) are youngsters who caught it by deliberately going to a covid party. They are unlikely to fully recover

6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

That is such a massive story, yet the hospital has ensured the media don't get wind of it.

7. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Lead commenter

you give the impression of being very unaware of what is going on in the world. Its not a big or unusual story, are you unaware of that? The hospital would not say anything anyway. Are you unaware of that? Covid parties and their tragic consequences have been in the media quite regularly, are you unaware of that?

I don't understand you comment at all,

8. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

I wasn't aware that
    a) Going to a party with the objective of being infected with Covid was a thing.
    b) Many hospitals have had "youngsters" as inpatients for months who will not fully recover having deliberately become infected with Covid. at parties. These parties having started being a thing months ago.

Do you have any links to these regular stories in the media?

Oscillatingass likes this.