1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

covering windows

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kayleedestiny1, Nov 19, 2011.

1. I'm a bit fed up with the fact that what is happening OUTSIDE my classroom is always more interesting that what's happening inside, and I want an attractive way to cover the lower half of the classroom windows, that will still let the light in, AND will hold fairly firm so that I can still use my sliding windows without wrecking what ever I have attached to them. Does anyone have any suggestions for a translucent attractive cover, AND a way to secure it firmly and flat? (This term they were covered with butcher's paper icicles, but they weren't very enduring)

2. Get water based paint and paint on a display that ties in with your topic. Ive seen it done loads of times, can look fab and washes off easily

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I blu-tac up work, using the windows in the same way as I use the display boards. Mainly because I never have enough display space.

What goes on outside your room that makes it so exciting? Mine is just an empty playground most of the time.

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I once had a building site outside my Nursery class window. One day there was a huge crane putting roof beams on and I said "Look at that crane out of the window!". A little girl immediately shouted "I didn't do it!", "Do what?", "I didn't crayon on the window."

Maybe there is something interesting going on out there - can you use it?

5. The windows on one side look into the pre-school playground - they all want watch them play! The other side is the hard court - often used for fitness, and even push carts oncre a week! Thanks for the idea.