1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cover

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I am covering normal lessons too but it is mostly form times. So does that mean I should just put up with it? Even if they are already adding up to twice the yearly hours expected by a union?

2. When they first asked you in a non-emergency situation

3. I don't think you can complain too much about covering form times when most full time teachers have a form to register every day.

4. The OP can complain about any request to cover a class not included in their normal timetable

5. In a sense, I agree. Except that the only reason I don't have a form of my own is because I joined the school mid year so not really my fault! I'd rather have my own form than flit between everyone else's! Also, the AMOUNT I am covering form times is beyond ridiculous TBH.

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I complained about 3 in 5 weeks, and was told that we had no option but to use teachers on prep lessons!

7. andromache

andromache New commenter

i was a bit hacked off when i voluntarily covered an absent dept member's lessons for a month, bringing my timetable up to 1.4, then was put on "normal" amounts of cover afterwards -by easter i'd done 38 hours of cover, when the average or my school was 6 and a bit.

8. andromache

andromache New commenter

*average for my school*