1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cover supervisor

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by lonewolf59, Mar 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lonewolf59

lonewolf59 New commenter

hi, I am considering giving up my teaching role, accessing my pension early and taking a non teaching position such as cover supervisor, is this do-able ie would working as a cover supervisor affect my pension?

2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

I don't think you can transfer your contributions like that. So you'll have what you've saved already whenever the retirement day comes around but you won't be able to add to the pot.

Then again if teaching is so bad (I agree and have already bailed out into CS) then it's a low priority compared to the large pay cut vs work/life balance bonus.

Waddya mean, non-teaching? You're still leading a class but planning and marking is now SOMEBODY ELSE'S PROBLEM.

3. wanet

wanet Star commenter

I think that the issue will be do TPS regard a Cover Supervisor as teaching. remember that you are allowed to earn as a teacher before it affects your pension. - your salary of reference tells you how much. but if this is your question, really TPS are best placed to answer it.