1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cover letters and emails?!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by PETERPIPER, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I would attach the covering letter (if it's a statement of application type letter) as a word doc so that they can print it off easily, and just have a brief email directing them to the attachments. However, if the job app includes your statement of application in it already, then you don't need a detailed covering letter, as you'll just be doubling up. I'm sure Theo can clarify this, but this is what I've always been told.

2. I've made a few applications by email recently, and I've put my supporting statement and exec summary as a separate word document. In the body of the email I say "please find attached my application form, supporting statement and executive summary". I have had no problems with this so far.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'd put, and indeed did put, the covering letter as the email. You can hardly just leave it blank. I think I wrote something like 'Dear............ I have great pleasure in applying for the above post and please find attached my application and my executive summary outlining how I meet the person specification. Yours sincerely....'

Then the form (got at great personal hassle!) and exec summary were attachments.

Got me the interview!